MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Beans and Barns

I haven't shared a recipe with you in a long time so I thought I'd share what we had for supper last night.  The cooler fall days are here and this was mighty tasty (and easy to make according to the resident cook).

BBQ BEANS and SAUSAGE

2 cans EACH of romano & black beans*
1 c. diced onion
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. maple-flavoured BBQ sauce**
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. kielbasa sausage - chopped up

Spray bowl of slow cooker with vegetable spray.  Combine all except sausage which goes on top.  Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
* - you can use any combination of beans 
you like best
** - we like maple, but perhaps you'd 
prefer another flavour


There has been a bit more progress on the barn....




And here's another quote from Eeyore...."A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference"






13 comments:

  1. The barn is looking good. More good links (one isn't highlighted). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn project is going to be amazing. Your bean recipe is similar to mine. Except I use different beans. Yum.... I will have to make some. Hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barn looks wonderful!! You will soon be an expert in "Barn art".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on the grass and thank you for that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your barn is taking on a lot of character! Loving the progress you are making.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:10 PM

    wow your barn is awesome ,well done and thankyou for sharing your recipe with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The barn is looking so good. I liked the signs on the doors too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Anne, your barn is fabulous. I love what you have done to it. Thank the resident cook for the recipe. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Anne, your barn is looking fabulous. I love the additions you have done. Thank the resident for the recipe. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and now can you send him round here to cook for me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I so love your barn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the look of the recipe. I live in the UK and I’m unfamiliar with romano beans but I presume I could use others? Haricot maybe? Anyway, thank you I’ll earmark this for when we get home from visiting family here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just thinking today about making a crock of baked beans, but then the weather heated up again so I decided to wait. Don't think I'll have to wait log, though! And I'll remember to come back here and try your recipe...usually I just throw random items in the crock ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.