MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Playing catch up



I'm getting a lot done on my current black crazy quilt project and will try to play a little catch up with seam treatments, so bear with me while I do that.  I'm almost done the embroidery and then will start putting it together so the reveal is getting closer!



Another one made up entirely of straight stitches - and some French knots.





Straight stitches & lazy daisies.






And this one is yet more straight stitches and French knots.  



As you can see, sometimes the most effective seam treatments are made with simple stitches!

It's raining again today, but at least it's a lovely warm rain and my houseplants are all out on the balcony soaking it up.  Because of the rain, your quote today is from Bob Marley... "Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"  

I hope you always feel the rain.






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitches, Mary Ann. They have a south western look, that would be different.
    Love that quote so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the seam treatments today especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drama you get when black is usd for stitch...it's bold but so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the other hand, when they woke up to find snow had fallen in the night, Bob Marley and the Wailers cancelled the remaining dates on their England tour and went back to Jamaica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.