MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, January 21, 2016


There is a little progression to show on my latest hussif...






I have finished the seam at the bottom with the addition of some beads, and also added the vine (not complete yet) that flows across the middle.  It's hard to see in the picture but those round 'things' are actually buttons with tiny little flowers on them.  The heart was added simply as a nod to the inclusion of a little bit of red.



My time over the past week or so has been divided into working on the hussif and also scanning (and uploading to Ancestry) a bunch of old family photos.  It's a time-consuming process but it's fun to see the old pictures of family members, many of whom are long gone.  Once I upload them, I'm then sorting them into family units and passing the originals on to those that might want to have them.  Part of the clearing out process that's ongoing at Chez Magpie!

Today your quote is from that infamous 'Anonymous'...."When you have more than you need, build a longer table, not a higher fence"


5 comments:

  1. The red heart is the perfect touch. The tiny little flower bead/buttons are precious. Wow that Rainvbow is stunning! You are really making progress on your hussif. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am loving this hussif. The black and white is visually stunning and that little hint of red in the form of the heart button is truly inspired. Words fail at the magnificence of the rainbow...it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red heart too... it is a really lovely pop of colour! The rainbow is absolutely stunning... what a clever idea! Have a lovely weekend Mary Anne! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red...a great attention getter. Now I'm off to see your amazing link.
    have a great weekend.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red draws the eye!
    What an incredible use of threads in the link you posted. Such patience too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.