MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

If at first you don't succeed...

...try, try again.  Well, I'm trying this again in hopes that my picture of my small amount of accomplishment on my fall pillow will post...


Well, yeah!!!!   It worked!  Yesterday I could NOT get this picture to post right-side up no matter what I did.  And now, it worked fine.  Blog-grrrr must have been having a hiccup yesterday.

After all of yesterday's links, I will just show you pictures today, but before I show you any more - don't forget that today is the last day to get your entry in to get your name in the draw for the book.  Go HERE to do that.  Only comments left on that post will be entered, and be sure to give me a way to contact you should you be the lucky winner!

The first picture today is a pair of knitted socks I
just finished.  I just wanted to show you to prove that
there IS actually something creative happening at 
Chez Magpie!



 and now, here's some more pictures of the garden journal...





The photo on the right on this page is from my family, but the girl is unknown.  



Sorry about the fingers, but I had to hold the book open somehow.  And I see that the messy tabletop is showing too.  Ooops.

Another quote from an anonymous source... "Everyone is really standing in a circle, holding hands.  Whatever you give to the person standing next to you, it eventually comes back to you."



6 comments:

  1. Love that quote - it really is a circle, isn't it?
    Your block is lovely, as is your book - beautiful pages and stitching - so glad Blogger finally co-operated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any progress is good progress dear.. Knitted socks are very popular and your pair look lovely. Beautiful Garden Journal pages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks Mary Anne! Nice photographs in your journal too... I have never made a journal and they are such a great way to record things. Yours is really pretty! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its fine work you've been up to, nice socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blackberries AND your socks! Those muted colors are lovely.
    I'm slowly adding stitches to a plain pair of socks (it is Socktober, after all) and thinking about dyeing them after they are finished. Just for fun.
    Hope you have a great weekend up there - raining here at the moment. Hopefully drier tomorrow, as I need to bring in more feed and hay. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old family photos. Being the only girl I have most of ours. I also get the jewellery, my little brother got the varicose veins!! I got the best deal I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.