MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Thrifting find

Yesterday DH and I decided, because it was such a nice day, that we should skip town and hit a few of our favourite thrift stores.  Didn't find much (didn't need anything either!!) but I did come home with a sweet little tarnished silver pin dish.  Not sure if it's 'real' silver, but it looks great.  It leapt off the shelf and into my hands so how could I say no?

      See?


It measures about 6" across.


Today my quote is from Shakespeare... "If music be the food of love, play on" 




9 comments:

  1. Wow, the first quarter went fast didn't it. Time sure flies. You dish is very pretty. My daughter is the flea market queen. She can always find something cool or unique...me...not so much. I think its because I have so much already I don't want to bring more home. But I must admit that garage sales are starting and I am getting the itch!
    Happy Easter
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if that little bowl came my way it would end up on the wall along with various other sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Love that dish - I can see why you bought it!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute find! Good catch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dish! Lucky you. I don't seem to find much in our charity stores these days, I keep looking though, you never know what you might find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when thrift shop finds, jump into your hands! 'Tis a very sweet little dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary Anne! Love the sweet little pin bowl that you found! Have a lovely Easter! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always fun to visit the thrift stores...even when you don't find anything. Great little dish you found!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lovely.....you were very lucky to snap this one up Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.