MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Sorta done

Over the weekend I completed the outside of my rose hussif and now it's on to the goodies I'll be putting inside.  These photos overlap somewhat because it's impossible to get just certain sections (altho' I guess I could have cropped them, couldn't I?). 

For some reason, known only unto Blog-grrrrrr, I can't manage to space down to put my usual quote at the bottom of my post (what's up with that??!!)....so I'll put it here....

Today the quote is from Martin Luther King.... "All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence"




Left side of hussif.
Middle of hussif.
Right side of hussif.          




10 comments:

  1. Your "sorta done" looks fabulous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely is this...such beautiful work! I am happy to have read your comment you left me the other day...I have been such a bad blogger lately...but it is nice to be able to come visit my faithful blogging friends and see what they are up to. Happy New Year to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne - this is so beautiful! I've never seen anything like it - beyond pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stitching is SO beautiful. I just love the red and white too.

    I've been absent from commenting, though I have been reading. My body is still in recovery..I can't wait for summer!!.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! It will be fun to see what you put inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous work! Your hussif is going to be spectacular.

    I don't know if spacing down for your quote would work the same or not. Sometimes when I try to add an image, blogger refuses to add it where I am asking it to (and it pops up earlier in the post.) I found that if I remove the image, save, close the browser and then return the issue is resolved and I can add the photo where I wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking lovely with all of your blooming roses MA! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hussif is so beautiful, MA! A rose love affair.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh so beautiful!! I LOVE roses and I LOVE stitched roses (or stitching roses for that matter) and your work is gorgeous Mary Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.