MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Ominous skies and white

Last night we had a rather large thunderstorm roll through, complete with high winds, heavy rain and hail.  We sat in our living room and watched the most ominous-looking black cloud (almost looked like a blanket) move across the sky (one of the most scary skies I've ever witnessed).  I ran out with the camera and tried to get a decent shot.  This was taken at about 7:30 last night, when it should have been broad daylight....




Within a few minutes of taking this picture, the sky was completely black.  Definitely scary!!


To go to the opposite extreme of the colour spectrum, here's the latest section I just completed for my second white cloth.  I think there should be only one more left to do and then I can start to put it together.






Today the quote is from anonymous.... "We are each of us angels with only one wing and we can only fly by embracing one another"


6 comments:

  1. oh yes...what a scary dark cloud. we just get tastes of rain but nothing really substantial. nice contrast with the white embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a giveaway for fabric. very little entries so far.
    http://butternutstreet.blogspot.com/2014/09/fabric-giveaway-time.html
    if you wanna pop by and enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had that storm the night before. The lightening was intense. I was glad because it got rid of the high humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your white piece is gorgeous! Can't wait to get back to mine. That is an ominous sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary sky and beautiful stitching!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like those kind of clouds either. Your embroidered section is beautiful...beyond beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.