MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Poking, proding, bloodletting....and knitting!

Yes, I've been knitting.  #1 son (the one with the big feet that can't buy slippers in a store) put in a special request for a new pair of the felted slippers that only his loving mother can make, so...


Now I have a special request to make another pair for our daughter-in-love.  She'd like hers in opposite colours and it crossed my mind that she would like them different so they wouldn't get mixed up.  Hah - her feet are little bitty so there's not a chance!!

While I was at it, I used up some of my leftover felting yarn and made this little bag...



Both are made using Paton's Classic Wool yarn and the pattern for the slippers is the Felted Clogs from Fiber Trends.  The purse is the Dumpling Bag pattern by Sharon Dreifuss which can be found on Ravelry.

The poking and proding and bloodletting portion of this post refers to the yearly visit to the doctor that I had to do today.  Always a joyful proposition, but I have to say our doctor makes the whole process actually a good experience.  She's definitely a gem!

Today's quote, from William James.... "To change one's life:  Start immediately.  Do it flamboyantly.  No exceptions"


7 comments:

  1. Let's hope all your doctor results are good. And I love the giant felted slippers! and the idea of the tiny "matching" ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when your kids ask you to make something for them! I sure do. Great projects and sorry you had the bloodletting.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything you can't do? You are so gifted! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those slippers are fabulous and the purse too...very sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I was thinking the bloodletting was due to needles of a different sort..... :-O .....neat slippers and that bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the bloodletting was intentional and not from a tragic knitting needle accident. Great slippers!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. those slippers are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.