MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 28, 2014

A finish and a continuation

Over the weekend I finished crocheting a baby afghan which is a gift for a friend's grand-baby that is expected in August. 


The pattern is one that was given to me by one of my friends (thanks M.E.!) and I'm not sure of the origin.  The edging is one that I contrived on my own.

I also finished another small area of one of the sections for my wrapping cloth #2 project.  Lots (and lots!) of French knots, surrounding 'thrifted' flowers taken from a wedding gown.



Today the quote is from Emily Dickinson (and is one of my favourites).... "My friends are my estate" 


5 comments:

  1. Lovely blanket. Crochet baby blankets are one of my favorite gifts to give.

    I have never heard that quote before. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the depth the french knots added! Nice crocheted blanket, who knows that may be the one the baby carries around for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helllllloooooo
    Long time no see!
    Our health is slowly improving and I'm feeling more energy is returning.
    I have been slowly getting my muse back...I think she has rested long enough.
    I love the afghan you made... A beautiful gift for the baby.
    I will try to visit again on a regular visit, so keep those great projects coming. :)
    Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wrapping cloth - so beautiful!
    pretty blanket too, a lovely gift that

    ReplyDelete
  5. the baby blanket has such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.