MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Humble beginnings

Today I haven't had much time to do any stitching, but I did get the pieces cut out for my next purse creation.  Most of you know that I'm a huge fan of using recycled denim in my pieces, and a root through my denim stash yielded a perfect pre-embellished piece that will end up being the front of my purse...






If you embiggen the photo I think you can see that the flower is nicely decorated with sequins.  I also have another piece from the same pair of jeans that repeats the flower theme, but in a smaller size that will be perfect for the back panel. 

Perfect design element..
for pennies!
Win/win.


5 comments:

  1. That's great! Love it! I've seen fiber artists cut apart decorative pieces like that and make wonderful 'new' pieces of collages fabric art etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mary Anne. It is going to be stunning
    Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one works with denim like you do MA. You're a master with it! In fact, I feel inspiration coming on. I have a pair of Scott's jeans that he asked me to fix ions ago, yeah like years! but methinks he won't be getting them back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.