MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Crazy quilt - of the old sort....and a pressing need

I guess this post falls under the classification of 'mumbling' again, but when there's precious little happening on the stitching front a girls gotta do what she's gotta do (either that or you get nuttin' - which, come to thing of it, might just be preferable!!).  

Anyhooo.....

On Monday we made a visit to the Scugog Shores Museum in Port Perry and had a great time looking around at the various old buildings and artifacts.  Of course my eye immediately fell upon a lovely old crazy quilt and I had to get a photo so I could share it with you....



I also took a couple of pictures of the beef ring building which I have plans to include in my book I'm working on at the moment.  





You mean you don't know what a beef ring is??


Too much information??

 

5 comments:

  1. I signed up for Yvonne's blog, that looks like fun.
    Do you think I could use gin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. day trips??? good for you!! I love that quilt too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the beef ring....16 pounds of beef a week!
    Deb
    we did not win the lottery last night...will try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beef Ring is new to me but it must have worked for them then. Very interesting. Thanks for the link. That pressing spray is really good. Hope you make some for all your fabric creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a Beef Co-op ... what a great idea to solve the problem of no refrigeration. I've never heard of this before. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    And I have to say that the crazy quilt on the bench is gorgeous!!! Doesn't it make you want to make a modern version to upholster a bench as an accent piece?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.